Difficulty : Medium ( Equipment needed : Oven, pan, roast tin , toaster )
1 pack of cherry tomatoes ( organic is preferred )
1 ripe and ready avocado
1 slide of rye bread ( wholemeal bread would also work )
Handful of chestnut mushrooms ( halved )
100 gms of extra firm tofu ( if you are not vegan, Indian cottage cheese can be used as well )
2 garlic cloves
A pinch of toasted cumin powder
A pinch of turmeric
A plash of balsamic vinegar
A splash of olive oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Pre heat the oven to 250 degrees for 10 mins. In the meantime, brush some olive oil on the cherry tomatoes and pop them in the over for 6-8 mins.
2. Crush the tofu ( or Indian cottage cheese if that you are not vegan ) and add it to a hot pan with some oil. Stir fry it for 4-5 mins and then sprinkle some turmeric and let it cook for another min and take it off the heat and put aside.
3. Use the same pan ( if its still clean ), re-heat it and then add some crushed garlic cloves and roast it until it turns a bit brown.
4. Add the mushrooms to the pan and then stir fry it for 3-5 mins until they get a nice brown colour
5. In the meantime, put your slice of toast in the toaster.
6. Time to assemble : Put your toast on the plate, add the sliced avocados on the toast, add the roasted cheery tomatoes , garlic mushrooms, scrambled tofu on the side. Sprinkle some roasted cumin powder on the tomatoes and add salt & pepper to taste on everything.